Kid Rafi's Reference Library

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Chicago - Is That All There Is, Again.

So my Bubbie, my fathers mother, passed away on Thursday November 11th. According to my Zaide, whose my fathers father, she did not pass away peacefully. "Those rotten bastards at the hospital killed her," he says over and over again as he chokes back tears and sobs. Who'd thought that Zaide, who we all thought, and had witnessed(!), being tormented by my Bubbie for decades, would be so shook up by her loss? It seems patently obvious though, that a couple who had been together probably day and night for 72 years, for better or for worse, would be devastated by a death.
However, it is hard for us who saw them at their best and worse to believe the extent of the devastation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home