Kid Rafi's Reference Library

Monday, October 04, 2004

Post the Fifth? New Blog

So I had this great idea and that was to make a separate blog for invisible rays stuff, a blog where I could sit down listening to the whole record and write what I thought about all the songs and how we recorded them, and what happened when. That type of thing I was hoping to include with the record and on the web site but it hasn't ever really materialized, so I think that might be the way to do it.
I am going to stop calling things post the this and post the that, because I am starting to loose track, even though I haven't posted that much stuff yet, but it's starting to get confusing, so this should be a good breaking point.
I am listening to Waits' Mule Variations, a record which I bought and as usual didn't listen to that much. I am struck by just how ambient some of the stuff is, and by the concept of recording someone singing into an amp, but recording both the person and the amp at once, from a distance, to give it a PA feeling, it seems like they might have done that a bit with Waits every now and then. There is just such a special feeling to some of the tracks.

In the meantime here's a picture I can't decide if I'll use for a self portrait - I am starting to get an idea of why there are so many bad pictures of people in their profiles. This, for instance, should be a nice picture of me listening on headphones in the van on tour, with a Mardi Gras throw dangling in front of me. I think we're on the way from Atlanta to Georgia. But who knows, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home