Kid Rafi's Reference Library

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Post The Third - UnderTow

In studio B between takes and every one has gone out for a smoke which I think I'll pass on. I started this post in the middle of the UnderTow Session Part II, in which we're recording 6 songs. Today is Wednesday a few days later so I don't have too many comments about that session at this point. The band was kind of wierd during that session. During the initial sessions which we started in november of '03 we had a lot of fun. But somehow I felt like there was a very aggressive vibe in the studio this past weekend with people being very confrontational and easy to get angry. I did blast some people with headphone noise at some point which I am sure was incredibly loud - it's that awful thing that happens when you've got something patched into a channel and you've cranked the send to their headphones and then you move a patch point and that makes a big huge pop in their cans - i've done that at least twice in my life and it's not good!
Last night I "Mixed" some gerbil tunes with Helmut (or is Cyrano?, I can't remember who's who...) It might take a while considering there are 13 songs to mix and only a few evenings left at our disposal. I don't know that i'll be the person to finish working on that material, but I don't really care either.
Today is the first real fall day - it's what you'd call Sag-Ri-Ri in hebrew; which comes i believe from the word Sa-Goor, which means closed. Either way it's a windy grey day and the temperature according to the times is 53 degrees.
I've been sending out copies of Put Your Gun Away like mad and getting back some interesting responses, but none of the rampant excitement that I'd like to get. Actually, that's not true. People are digging it but I seem to be unable to present it to some people whom i'd like to give it to. Let me rephrase: I gave it to SS and he hasn't said a word about it; which freaks me out a little because I'd like to give a copy to CPS because I think he'd hear some cool things on it he might like to use on his record, but i'm afraid to give it to him because SS never said anything about it. I feel like those guys might think it's immensely un-melodic or something, which it very well might be.
Any way - that should do for a moment. Off to breakfast and other communications.
;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home