Kid Rafi's Reference Library

Sunday, September 19, 2004

First Post/Barking Gerbils of leprosy

So this is my first blog post as you can tell from the amazing title I've created. Today is another day in the studio with the barking gerbils of leporsy (names have been changed to protect the guilty) and I have to put up with Cyrano and Helmut for at least eight hours. Yesterday they were intolerable, and I discovered that Cyrano works in short loops, an average of four or so, I guess. This makes him difficult; Imagine that he's got an idea: he'll have a holding pattern on that idea, which he won't release from untill you prod him to let it go. If it's a suggestion and you're trying to make that into a reality, he just keeps hammering at me even if I tell him that I am attempting or realizing his desire. There is little left to the imagination, which is what I believe bums me out about interacting with a lot of people in a studio setting.
The other bummber about yesterday was that I was just rushed the whole time I was in the Studio from the moment I set foot there. And this is with a group of people who've been in recoding studio's many times in their lives. The real bummer is that I am doing this for an unknown amount of compensation, and a year or two into the project that's really hurting me. I want to just have fun with it, but when there is an 8 piece band it's hard to enjoy yourself without a plan.
Well, off to the war again. Perhaps today will be more better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home