Kid Rafi's Reference Library

Monday, October 04, 2004

The Unicorns

Wow - a band with The in the title, just like the Rays,or the Beatles, or the The Doors, or The Yay!
So I finally picked up a recommendation CPS made whie I was atrempting to record death cab at Q that day they did the 'fnx broadcast; but all that's the minor part to the point that I've both: a. picked up a new band, and b. used the iTunes store which I've never done before. Mostly though, the record sounds great. Stereo is to be used with so much care, and when used right it's a fucking blast. Less Eq is more, but sometimes what the phase shift doesssss accomplish is genius, especially in the way it adds to stereo perception.
And I still haven't figured out the time zone deal yet. It's set up in hacker fashion of some sort that required math - I thought it had to do or required knowledge of Greenwich meantime, and it fact I think it does.

In a way I feel like my way of creating, and k's, is the ultimate in touching the core because we're used to being environmentally in-articulated, that when we open we crack wide. I thought this while making tea from a tea bag that i ripped with a knife while opening it.


And while all this was happening here's I found a picture Richard Avenon took for the New Yorker of DJ Spooky before Avenon died.
I like the shape of his ear. Few people look really comfortable in Avenon's pictures. Surprisingly John Kerry is one. A women I don't recognize is another. By comfortable I mean natural.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home