Kid Rafi's Reference Library

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Post The Second - And the Gerbils Vacate....

I actually have had nothing to do with the Gerbils since sunday. Day two of Gerbilization went more smoothly than day one, so we'll just leave it at that. We made some decent recordings and now they have thirteen songs to their record though I plan to ignore one that has never had any work done to it so I am treating it as an outtake.. We'll see if anyone notices.
I spent today making press packets and trying to make some cool graphic cards for aformentioned press packets. It's too bad it's largley a futile effort sending out press packets to clubs and radio stations. I don't think most people I send the stuff to cares at all. Maybe 10 percent of the recpeints could give a fuck. But what are you going to do? I have to try, and I enjoy messing around with texts and images and printing them onto whatever cool or nice papers I might have around the house.
Karyn has gone more than a week without a cigarette - I am very happy for her and impressed. Her habit was so heavy it is no small feat for her to have gone so long without. She was most difficult during the very first days, but has gotten much better of late, though it does seem like she's teetering a little on the edge still.
I for one have been enjoying myself and our house without the cigarette smoke and without the constant nico-nagging. You know, going out for a smoke at a restaurant, or having to go get smokes in the middle of the night and so on.
The Rays had two great rehearsals in a row and we made major breakthroughs with some of the new material, and even some of the old material. We have two shows scheduled for october which is kind of right around the bend and I feel pretty good about the band in that sense. We just need to find a keyboard player, and I know who that needs to be but I havn't gone ahead and put that into motion.
Tomorrow I hope to make some headway into the Spring Comp mailing which is rapidly turning into the Fall Comp, and I was hoping to get to Mr. Hermans tune and comp the EBow I had recorded last week; that needs to happen soon. Also demos need to be made of a couple of Rays tunes that I think can be revived or reworked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home