Kid Rafi's Reference Library

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Post The Fourth - The Cat Tree

So I finally started on the cat tree project - it has been in the planning ever since we moved into this apartment in the spring, but I somehow managed to not begin working on it at all. So I built three shelves yesterday, two access ones at 25 inch intervals and one top shelf for hanging out on, but the cats don't seem into them at all yet. The first shelf was a tiny bit used (especially by the two cats I put on it), but K says the distance to the second shelf is too great and that the top shelf is too near the ceiling to jump to. There is space to add shelves or change the shelves sizes; I also have not put any carpeting on them yet, which might make them more desirable, somehow.
Last night, Helmut called realizing the studio was free all weekend wanting to know if we could go in and work on the Gerbils stuff. I was non committal because I want to see Ima this weekend and I didn't know when we'd do that. I was also annoyed that he called late friday to ask about it, because he "forgot the studio was free." I should never have agreed to this project without compensation. I don't remember agreeing to that at all, actually, i remember invoicing them initially... Now I just feel bad about the whole thing, for the studio and for myself, and for them. I feel, because I am friends with some of the band that I have to bring them to a point they can proceed from on there own, but I would rather just give them the mess and make them deal with it.
The good news is that it looks like we might have an Invisible Rays photo shoot on tuesday, which is also my birthday, and I really like the idea of spending my birthday doing that, even though K seemed to not like that idea. All my birthdays in the past few years have been kind of lame, save for one dinner party on Bragdon st. that was exceptionally fun.
What else - oh yeah, MJH got the pro tools sessions I sent and may have begun working on the files, unfortunately i sent him something that is such a mess I can't imagine how he dealt with it. I should have sent something easier. The bad news is that he doesn't have a mac and tools and home, so he's using the school's radio station rig I think, which is probably hard to get comfy on.

Ok , that's a bit of info for now. I am looking forward to adding some images to this mess and maybe messing with the code on the page to make it look a little special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home