Kid Rafi's Reference Library

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Update

It's nearly the end of March now. I have not been posting much in the last few weeks. I haven't actually been doing much. I've hit a little bit of a standstill with the EP Into The Ground for two reasons. One is that I don't like the fifth song I wrote, or I'm just not happy with it, and the other is that Dear Mr. Fantasy hasn't been going over that well, with people complaining that they can't understand the lyrics. I'm starting to think that isn't important, and that I should just leave it the way it is, but put it later on the EP, like last, instead of first. Other than that, I have not worked almost at all this month, save for a day or two, so I'm getting incredibly poor, and at the rate things are going I might have to do something drastic to pay for my rent.
We've been on a crappie cycle here at home where karyn and I are not quite on the same sleeping schedule but we're pretending to be, so I end up going to bed way early and staying up in bed for hours watching tv while she sleeps, then she gets up and watches tv while I sleep in the AM. I've stopped working on my EP and the house is dirty and nothing productive or creative is getting done. I'm hating it.
Today I have to go setup all my crap at the practice space to work with VD. Their singer is sick so its questionable how much work we'll actually get done, most likely it's just going to be a waste of time for me - I wish this dumb project was just happening in a fucking studio, instead of my retarded set up. I learn more all the time, but it always seems to be that I learn what i DON'T like or want to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home